Live firing at the Ellwood/Wampum Rod & Gun Club's outdoor rifle range complex is designed to
provide authorized personal access to a facility where they can become proficient with privately
Starting September 1, 2006, only club members possessing a current membership card will be
permitted to use the ranges (because of liability issues) unless approved by the club officers on a
case by case basis.
FACILITIES FOR USE:
Range availability will be Monday-Saturday (dawn to dusk); Sunday 1:00 P.M. - dusk. Night fire
must be approved by the Range Safety Officer (RSO) weather and season permitting.
LONG GUN RANGE is limited to rifles .50 cal. BMG and lighter, handguns, shotguns and bows.
No tracers or armor-piercing ammunition are permitted.
SHOTGUN RANGE is limited to shotguns ONLY. No single projectile ammunition will be used on
the shotgun range.
ARCHERY RANGE is limited to bows and arrows ONLY. No firearm practice on the archery range.
Do not shoot firearms or broadheads into hay bales.
INDOOR RANGE shall be limited to non-magnum, handgun ammunition NO heavier than .45 ACP
and rimfire rifle only. An RSO MUST be present for the use of this range. THE INDOOR RANGE
IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE FOR IMPROVEMENTS.
RANGE LIMITATIONS AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS - LIVE FIRE SHOOTERS WILL:
1. NO HANDLING FIREARMS WHILE PEOPLE ARE DOWN RANGE.
2. NO random or practice shooting ANYWHERE other than approved ranges.
3. Fire at authorized targets in the authorized direction. Metal silhouette targets are to be used for
silhouette matches only and not for recreational shooting. No stationary metal targets or glass
shall be used as targets.
4. Call "cease-fire" and make "safe" all firearms when a shooter moves forward of the firing line or
during any unsafe condition.
5. Use appropriate eye and ear protection.
6. Notify range safety personnel or any officer of any unsafe condition or violation.
7. Police all empty casings, paper and other debris that accumulates on the range. Dispose of
them in the containers provided. Remove your own trash from the range. The burn barrel is for
AUTHORIZED & PROHIBITED FIREARMS AND MATERIALS:
1. NO EXPLOSIVES OF ANY KIND! (Unless otherwise approved).
2. Fully automatic firearms are not authorized unless the owner contacts the Board of Directors
for approval prior to the live fire event. The member must provide the proper federal licenses,
insurance, and all required paperwork 1 week prior to any automatic firearm shooting.
3. Non-club sponsored shoots must be approved by the board. A trained and certified N.R.A.
Range Safety Officer must be present and has full control to stop or cancel an event for any
unsafe condition. The shoot sponsor is responsible for any fees or related expenses.
4. Shooters may not consume alcoholic beverages or drugs (including prescription and over the
counter medications) on range property or before live fire. Anyone found to be using drugs or
alcohol on club property will lose membership and will be prosecuted under the local laws.
5. All members will clean up after themselves and conduct themselves in a manner to reflect the
morals of the club and its members.
MEDICAL SUPPORT: In the event of a medical emergency , call 911 and notify the C.R.S.O.
(Chief Range Safety Officer) immediately.
CHIEF RANGE SAFETY OFFICER:
1. Oversee range maintenance and conduct repairs as needed (as described under the
2. Conduct training and certify range officers, train as certified any firearms or safety
3. Inspect range before and after any special events.
4. Enforce all rules described in this section and by-laws.
RANGE SAFETY OFFICERS:
1. Assist C.R.S.O. in all duties with range.
2. When at the club, insure all rules are being followed.
3. Perform any additional duties assigned by C.R.S.O. or Board of Directors (must
comply with by-laws and be a safe and moral duty). All C.R.S.O. have the right to
refuse any job given them if they felt it to be unfair or out of their duties, it will then
be reviewed by the Board of Directors.
Range Rules were updated & approved by the Officers/Directors of the club on September 29, 2014.